Recently, Testing Circus was asking about how testers are framing their new year. Many testers contributed their plans to form quite a list! Will sharing our plans with others help us to achieve what we set out to do? It seems worth a try. More to the point, will we actually execute all the plans we make? I think it will be much like exploratory testing in adjusting based on new information we learn, but at least I’m starting out with a plan.
Here are my charters:
- Read. Blogs, books. Or even watching videos and listening to podcasts. (I know not everyone is a visual learner.)
- Small groups for collaboration, especially local. This year, I’m focusing on our fledgling Software Testing Club Atlanta.
- Put yourself out there to get public feedback (blog, pitch to a conference, etc). I’m currently pitching to Agile2014 and trying to get back to blogging and writing articles after the holiday lull.
- Experiment (trying what you’ve read, discussed). This. Everyday.
- And, of course, connect through social media!